Our History

OUR HISTORY

The United Church of Christ is both a united church as well as a uniting church. Each of the religious communities that came together to form the United Church of Christ in 1957 had themselves come into being through the union of other denominations.

In that spirit, Christ Congregational Church, United Church of Christ, with its heritage and role in the community reaching back more than 250 years, was created in 1980, as a consolidation of four Congregational churches in Brockton.  The current church was dedicated in 1995, with the classroom addition opening in 2000.

In 2012 we celebrated 275 years of ministry in Brockton, dating back to First Parish of North Bridgewater, the original name for Brockton.