Open Position: Director of Christian Education
Christ Congregational Church, UCC, Brockton, is seeking a Director of Christian Education, a 10-12 hour per week, school year position focused on children and teen faith formation in multiple formats (Sunday School, family events and youth groups).
We are an enthusiastic congregation that loves its children and teens. We strive to be an excellent home for the spiritual seeker. We are a progressive, open and affirming congregation (LGBTQ friendly), and are working actively to understand and eradicate racism and other ways of exclusion and diminishment. Our focuses for the coming year are inclusion, forgiveness, caring and justice-making.
We are seeking a dynamic, kind, and organized individual to plan and coordinate the program. Working with the Senior Minister and Board of Christian Education, the CE Director will:
- Work Sunday mornings with a maximum of 4 Sundays off during the school year (mutually agreed)
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers
- Keep records, write monthly newsletter column, communicate with parents and congregation
- Create special events (Christmas pageant, children’s day, craft workshops…)
- Be able to work enthusiastically with children, teens, and parents
- Experience leading groups of children with varied abilities
- Be sensitive and aware of culturally diverse backgrounds
- Communicate effectively both in writing and public and private speaking
- Maintain and oversee a budget
- Preference to bachelor’s degree; preference to an experienced educator
Please send resumes of Office, Christ Congregational Church, 1350 Pleasant Street, Brockton, MA 02301 by July 10, 2018, or email to email@example.com.